iPad Pro 10.5 Overview
This year WWDC, Apple announced the latest update to the iPad line, the iPad Pro 10-5 Inch model. I currently had an iPad 3rd generation which was starting to run pretty bad after the latest update. In my mind, I figured that tablet era was in its final stages due to the fact that the iPhone 7 Plus does it all with its 5.5-inch screen. It was blowing my mind that my iPhone is more powerful than my old iPad.
Fast forward to WWDC, when I saw the new version of the iPad Pro It struck an interest in me. Here I am thinking about getting out of the tablet world and making my old iPad a Fisher Price gadget for my daughter and then this happens…
The iPad Pro 10-5 inch model. Now while this iPad isn’t entirely new, I wasn’t a big fan of the previous door mat version (12.9-inch iPad Pro). What really sold me on this iPad was the iOS11 update. This a huge update coming in fall which making your iPad closer to MacBook Pro.
So I ordered an iPad and when I received It, I was amazed on how much better the iPad improved over the years. Look at these features:
- 10.5-inch Display with a resolution of 2224 by 1668 (Gorgeous Screen)
- Refresh rate of 120Hz with ProMotion Display (Responsive)
- A10X Fusion Chip with contains 4GBs of Ram (Multitasking & Gaming is a breeze)
- Four Speaker Audio (4:44 sounds great on this!)
- 12MP Rear View Camera & 7MP FaceTime Camera (Best camera in a Tablet)
- 4K Video Recording at 30 FPS (Cool bonus)
- Battery lasts up to 10 hours (You can get some serious Netflix time with this)
I have been a beta tester for iOS11 and let me tell you that best features have yet to come. Keep a lookout for our next video going over some of the new features with Apple’s new update.
Will this iPad replace your MacBook Pro? No, but it’s pretty damn close. It sure as hell replaced my prehistoric iPad 3. This is also my first iPad with cellular built in which has been life changing. Here is an example, I’m finally able to play her Disney channel shows when I’m driving with her in the car. She has since become spoiled with this iPad like I had.
This iPad comes in three different sizes:
- 64GB – WiFi $649 / WiFi+Cellular $779
- 256GB – WiFi $749 / WiFi+Cellular $879
- 512GB – WiFi $949/ WiFi+Cellular $1079
It also comes in four different colors:
- Space Gray
- Rose Gold
For protection for this device, I found this awesome case on Amazon from the group ESR. This is a beautiful case and offers many color options. Plus it’s very good with your pockets. Here is the link if you would like to check it out.
I highly recommend this iPad as a solid upgrade if you have an older iPad or you are in the market for your first one. With IOS 11, Apple will bring back the tablet to the forefront and will make the iPad useful again.
Overview by Carl Cheatham