Apple Keynote 2017 Recap
[icon name=”apple” class=”” unprefixed_class=””]
Apple just wrapped up their latest Keynote from their new Steve Jobs Theater. This keynote has had some serious hype due to the unveiling of their 10-year anniversary iPhone. Here is the rundown on everything that was announced today:
[icon name=”apple” class=”” unprefixed_class=””]Apple Watch Series 3
- First in the series to be fully Cellular. You are able to make calls and text messages with just your watch.
- Your Apple Watch will have the same phone number as your iPhone.
- You will be able to Stream Apple music from your watch alone.
- Use Siri to be your digital assistant without your phone.
- Use GPS without your phone.
- Works with Apple’s AirPower charging mat. (Available in 2018)
- Available to preorder on 9/15 and will be available on 9/22.
- Series 3 with GPS & Cellular starts at $399
- Series 3 with GPS only starts at $329
[icon name=”apple” class=”” unprefixed_class=””]Apple TV 4K
- Running on A10X fusion chip found on the iPad Pro. This makes this Apple TV twice as fast of the 4th generation Apple TV.
- Outside of having 4K Content of Netflix and Amazon, it will also include a built-in 4K video scaler to improve the look of HD Content as well.
- Preorders Start 9/15 and will be available on 9/22
- $179 for 32GB & $199 for 64GB
[icon name=”apple” class=”” unprefixed_class=””]iPhone 8 & iPhone 8 Plus
- iPhone 8 has a all new glass design with new Space Gray, Silver and Gold finishes.
- First iPhone to offer Wireless Charging
- Water and dust proof.
- Redesigned stereo speakers to offer better audio
- All-New Display “Retina HD” with True Tone (To allow better lighting for viewing in any environment)
- Upgraded sensors on both rear and front facing cameras
- The iPhone 8 is running on a new processor, A11 Bionic. This is 70 percent faster than A10 Fusion.
- Augmented Reality
- Comes in two Storage options: 64GB and 256GB
- Works with Apple’s AirPower charging mat.(Available in 2018)
- Available to Pre-order on 9/15 and will be available on 9/22
- iPhone 8 starts off at $699 or $34.50/month & iPhone 8 Plus starts off at $799 or $39.50/month
[icon name=”apple” class=”” unprefixed_class=””]iPhone X
- Apple’s 1o year anniversary edition iPhone.
- All glass design with Silver and Space Gray finishes.
- Completely redesigned bezel-less device.
- Running on Apple’s new processor, A11 Bionic.
- All-new 5.8-inch display ” Super Retina” OLED screen.
- High Dynamic Range (HDR)
- Stainless steel edges.
- Wireless charging.
- Water and dust resistant.
- No physical Home button.
- New gestures to take you back home, multitasking and bring up your control center.
- Touch ID has been replaced by Face ID. Your face is now your password.
- Face ID is secured to the point you can use it with Apple Pay.
- TrueDepth Camera (Portrait Mode selfies)
- 3D Animoji (Use the TrueDepth camera to analyze the muscle moments of your face then mirror your expressions on 12 animojis.
- Improved rear dual 12MP camera & 7MP front facing camera.
- Augmented Reality
- Works with Apple’s AirPower Mat (Available in 2018)
- Comes in two storage options: 64gb and 256GB
- Available to pre-order 10/27 and will be available on 11/3
- iPhone X starts off at $999 or $49.91/month
Other items that were revealed:
- iOS 11 will be available to download on September 19th
- WatchOS4 will be available to download on September 19th
- MacOS High Sierra will be available to download on September 25th
Overall, I feel that Apple delivered a solid conference. What are you looking forward to the most? Let us know in the comments below?