Apple Special Event 2018 | Recap
If you thought the iPhone XS announcement back in September wasn’t enough, Apple just wrapped up their latest Apple Event 2018 from Brooklyn. To end the year, Apple unveiled a much needed update to their Macbook Air and Mac Mini. The iPad Pro saw a upgrade as well with a all new design!
Here is the rundown on everything that was announced today:
- All-New Aluminum Design.
- Comes in three new colors: Gold, Silver & Space Gray.
- All new 13.3 Retina Display (4 million Pixels!).
- Apple T2 Security Chip. (Improved performance and security for the Macbook Air!)
- Facetime HD Camera.
- Redesigned Backlit Keyboard.
- Touch ID on Keyboard. (Login and Purchase items with your fingerprint!)
- Redesigned Force Touch TrackPad.
- New Stereo Speakers.
- Two Thunderbolt 3 Ports (USB-C).
- Can be configured up to 16gb of RAM.
- Can be configured up to 1.5TB of Storage.
- All-Day Battery Life.
- 10% Thinner than last generation.
- Weighs 2.75 pounds.
- Starts off at $1179.
- Order today and will be available on November 7th.
- All new Aluminum Design.
- Brand new 4-core and 6-core Processors. (5 Times Faster from last generation!)
- Faster Intel Integrated Graphics. (60% faster graphics from last generation!)
- Can be configured up to 64GB of DDR4 ram. (Memory)
- All Flash Storage. Can be configured up to 2TB of Storage (SSD)
- Apple T2 Security Chip
- Includes: HDMI 2.0, Four Thunderbolt 3 Ports (USB-C), Two USB 3.0 Slots, Ethernet Port and Headphone Jack.
- Starts off at $799.
- Available to order now. Will be available on November 7th
This is a much needed upgrade to the Mac Mini. The redesign and the improve specs will definitely help the consumer join the MacOS world at a cheaper price.
- All new Aluminum Design
- All new All-Screen Display (No more Home Button)
- Liquid Retina Display
- Face ID (Unlock iPad Pro and make purchases with your face)
- A12X Bionic Chip (Faster than a regular PC laptop)
- Gaming on the iPad Pro is similar to a Xbox One X
- No Headphone Jack
- USB-C (Finally!) You can charge your iPhone with your iPad, Plug into a monitor and more!
- Comes in two models: 11” and 12.9“
- 15% thinner than last generation
- All-Day Battery
- New Stereo Speakers
- Comes in two colors: Silver and Space Gray
- Can be Configured to 1TB of Storage
- 12MP Wide-Angle Camera
- 7MP TrueDepth Camera (Portrait Mode selfies and Animojis and Memojis)
- 4k recording up to 60 fps.
- Depth control on photos.
- Smart HDR (High Dynamic Range) to improve photos.
- improved Augmented Reality for better apps.
- All-New Apple Pencil 2 which can be attached to the iPad Pro magnetically to charge! (Finally!)-Sold Seperately for $129
- 11″iPad Pro starts off at $799 and the 12.9″ iPad Pro starts at $999.
- Available to order now. Will be available on November 7th.
The iPad Pro was definitely the star of the show for this Apple event. The new design of the iPad Pro is what it should of been all along. Bringing USB-C to the iPad Pro will open doors to bring all new accessories to the consumers. Definitely a must buy if you been waiting for your chance get an iPad Pro!